Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mia's Fabulous World: May 10, 2013

Mia Thompson:  May 10, 2013


I’m going to the club tonight with Kiera. I need some release. Between my mother’s tell-all article and this game that Jonathan is playing, I’m going insane. When I stopped over at his place the other day, he acted surprised that I still knew the gate's security code and still had my key. If he had wanted the key back, he should have asked and security codes should have been changed by now.

I walked in on something—I could tell. He was sitting on the couch typing on his iPad and glanced up with a start when I entered. He scooted sideways, blocking my view of his screen, as I plopped down next to him.

His lips cured up halfheartedly and he finished typing before he spoke. “What’s up, Mia? I didn't realize you still had a...” He started reading and didn't finish his sentence.

“You never asked for it.” I knew he meant the key. “Who are you talking to?” He began typing again and I felt like I was speaking to the air.

“Just gimme a few. I’ll be right back.” He lifted his perfectly sculpted shirtless body off the couch and disappeared into his bedroom, without even glancing up. He was gone for fifteen minutes!

I helped myself to a glass of chardonnay and checked my email, on m phone, as I waited. When he returned his abs were covered with a thin black T-shirt. In my mind, I questioned why he had covered himself. Did he want to go out? I was digging in and had no intention of leaving. He didn't need to pull on clothes for me. I've seen everything he has and I prefer him shirtless. Hell, I prefer him stark-naked. With that image in my brain, I watched as he collapsed in the chair across from me.

“I read Belinda’s tell-all article. She doesn't really believe the crap she’s spewing, does she?” he asked.

“No. I think Mommy Dearest is just seeking funds to upgrade her wire hangers to wooden ones.” I assumed he would get the reference, but added, “She wants a new condo and figured she would use her daughter’s fame to finance it.”

“Was that true about the dress you wore for the premiere of Love Twice? he asked.

“So, I stole some debutante's dress. Kill me. It was gorgeous and it fit me like a glove. The other actress didn't have the body to fill it out. Even the designer’s rep admitted that. He’s the one that offered it to me. He said he would find her a new one. I can’t help that it was the day of the premiere. I was way more visible on the red carpet, next to you, than she was. Why does my mother have to bring that up? She knows how fragile I was back then. It was impossible being thrown into fame like that. I wasn't prepared. I would have done anything to succeed.” Several tears streamed down my face and I wasn't sure if I had put them there or if they were real.

Before I realized it, Jonathan was sitting next to me and I was wiping my tears on his T-shirt. “I've been through this kind of thing before, you know. It will blow over soon,” he said, then made the exasperated sigh he makes when he doesn't know what to do to fix my problems.

“It’s your fault,” I said. I don’t know why I placed blame on him and I regretted it as soon as Jonathan’s arm stiffened behind me.

“I know,” he admitted. “I never should have ruined your life.”

I tried to tell him that he didn't ruin it, he made my life. He made me famous and that's what I wanted. But he completely detached after that and no matter what I said, I couldn't pull him out of the funk he had fallen into.

No comments:

Post a Comment