Monday, November 18, 2013

Sarah's Journal: April 20, 2013

Sarah:  April 20, 2013


The girls and I went to a house party last night. A guy that Megan is seeing lives there. A frat house wasn't really my first choice for the evening, but my choices are a bit limited until my birthday. It was good to be out with girls, though.

I’m glad the house was dark because I didn't want to see any deeper into the dim shadows. It was the kind of house that spawns teenage horror movies, where a blob of unknown origin rises out of the carpet and swallows all the house’s occupants. The carpet? Eeew! Every time I lifted my foot to walk I was halted by my boot sticking to the floor. I felt like a mouse on one of those sticky traps. How do guys live like that? I was afraid to sit down all night.

Once I got past the ambiance, I had a good time. I didn't know anyone there, except the girls, but I didn't get bored. Jessica introduced me to a couple of nursing students and the guys that lived at the house were actually pretty nice. A guy named Scott kept refilling my cup for me and offered to show me around the house. I’m sure it was just a ploy to get me to his room, though. He was so not my type—totally enamored by himself. As I stood listening to Scott tell me how brilliant he was, and how he was going to take over the marketing for his dad’s Internet company, I kept looking around wondering if another guy at the party could be Cracked23. Scott obviously wasn't him.

I’m so pathetic. I know Cracked23 is probably just a made-up persona devised by a couch potato living in his mom’s basement, but the couch potato seems to know exactly what I want to hear and I can’t get him out of my mind. Maybe I can coax him out of the basement someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment