Monday, November 11, 2013

Sarah's Journal: April 18, 2013

Sarah: April 18, 2013


I visited the gossip site again today. I don’t know why I keep going back there. It’s like an addiction. I've never followed Hollywood, before. It seems so fake, so plastic. I think it’s the people who comment on the site that fascinate me the most. Some of them voice the narrowest thoughts, like they can’t see outside the glass in their houses to the outside world and could never put themselves in anyone else's shoes. Today I ran across a guy who wrote a 300 word blog comment on how celebrities deserved what they get from the press. The article linked to it was about a well-known comedian who got arrested after he smashed a guy’s phone. Apparently the guy had taken a picture of the comedian using the urinal before the incident, but the comedian still got arrested. The blogger’s point was that celebrities were paid a ton of money so they should have to put up with strangers snapping their photos. “It’s part of fame’s baggage.”

I posed the question, “Was the guy taking the picture paying the comedian?”

That’s when Cracked23 joined in and wrote, “Good point, Supermodel.”

It made me laugh. I couldn't believe he remembered me. I had to confess that I wasn't really a supermodel, and after that it seemed like we were in our own little chat room. I was on the website for another hour. If I hadn't had class today, which I ended up being late for, I would still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment