Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blonde Chicks Preferred: May 27, 2013

Liam Nordstrom: May 27, 2013


Met Will last night for a burger and drinks at Mickey’s. It’s dark in there and the hostess, Teiki sat us in the back, like always. Will said he and Rachel Marrero spent all Saturday doing stills and an interview for some Australian magazine. It's a promo for their upcoming film and the article, most likely, wouldn’t be out until the end of summer.

“Is she as tight as everyone imagines,” I asked and he smiled. He had to have hooked up with her.

“Wouldn’t know. I didn’t sleep with her.”

“Why not? I would have. Is she with someone?” I looked up from my plate and met his eyes. “Honestly that shouldn’t matter. You’re doing a film together. There’s latitude when you’re starring in a film together. Isn’t that in your contract?”

Will laughed. “She’s not seeing anyone. She told me. And she would have gone back to my place if I had asked, but I didn’t.”

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

He stared at the wall behind me with a distant look on his face. “I don’t know.” He took a bite of his burger shaking his head.

“Whatever it is, get over it. Get on it and get in it,” I said and he raised an eyebrow to me. “What’s stopping you? Is it Mia?” God don't let it be Mia.

 He swallowed what he was chewing and then took a swig of beer before answering. “The Internet girl.”

“Seriously? Have you told her who you are?”

“No,” he said before taking another bite of his sandwich.

“Because you know that it will just fuck everything up and she’ll turn into some psycho superfan?”

“That's not it. She’s got this perfect little life and I don’t want to drown her in my cracked fishbowl.”

“How do you know she hasn't figured out who you are?”

“I can tell. We connect on a higher level."

I rolled my eyes. "You haven’t even talked to her on the phone. You don’t know her at all.” I wasn’t trying to piss him off. I just wanted to pull him back into reality. What did he want? Most actors would cut off their left nut for his life. I'm not saying that his life isn't fucked sometimes because of his fame, but it's a tradeoff. You can't have it both ways. He shut up about the girl after that and changed the subject to my "revolving door" of a love life.
Copyright 2014 Susan Schussler

No comments:

Post a Comment